CITB Health and Safety Awareness Course
The CITB Health and Safety Awareness course is available as a classroom or eLearning course.
The 1 day CITB Health & Safety Awareness course is aimed at people who are entering or are already working in the construction and civil engineering industry. It can be used to support your application for a CSCS labourer card and is valid for five years.
More Information on the Health and Safety Awareness Course and e-learning option click here
CITB Health and Safety Awareness Course Objectives
At the end of the CITB Health & Safety Awareness course successful delegates will understand:
- What exactly is expected of them in their role?
- Why they carry out their identified duties
- How they should contribute to the health and safety in the workplace
CITB Health and Safety Awareness Course
The CITB Health and Safety Awareness Course is a 1-day introductory course for health and safety is for people who are new to the construction and civil engineering industries. It teaches you the main health and safety issues on construction sites and how these affect your role. It is also recommended as a Health and Safety refresher of knowledge after five years. It is one of the Site Safety Plus range of courses.
The CITB Health & Safety Awareness course covers the following topics
- The need to prevent accidents
- Understanding health and safety law
- Identifying how each worker's role fits into the control and management of the site
- Understanding the need for risk assessments and method statements
- Appreciating the need to work safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure
- The obligation to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
Health and Safety Awareness eCourse Information
CITB’s eCourse platform provides an online training option for those with limited time or who may struggle to attend a classroom delivered course. With the learning CITB Health & Safety Awareness course you can learn at your own pace, anytime, anywhere.
Health and Safety Awareness eCourse
Keep yourself and your colleagues safe when working on site.
- Learn about potential hazards, gain practical advice and prove your understanding.
- The interactive online course material
- An online version of the Construction health and safety awareness (GE707) publication
- An online end of course examination
- Health and Safety Awareness eCourse is CITB Grant eligible
Who is Health and Safety Awareness eCourse for?
It's recommended if you live in the UK, are working in the construction and civil engineering industries and are looking to:
- Refresh your basic health and safety knowledge
- Apply for a CSCS labourer card
You need to be able to read and understand English to a good standard.
What qualification does the Health and Safety Awareness eCourse provide?
- You will receive certification that you have successfully completed the Site Safety Plus, Health and safety awareness course.
- It's equivalent to the Level 1 Award in Health and safety in a construction environment and can be used to support your application for a CSCS labourer card.
- Certification is valid for five years.
Completing the course the Health and Safety Awareness eCourse
- The interactive online course takes approximately four hours.
- It can be completed in one go or over a period of days or weeks. You have up to 12 months to complete it.
- Return to the course as many times as you like, it will remember and track your progress.
Taking the Health and Safety Awareness eCourse exam:
• Once you’ve completed the course you need to book an end of course exam
• It can only be taken on a computer or laptop–mobile phones and tablets are not compatible
• You will need a reliable internet connection, a webcam, speakers and a microphone, plus photo ID
• You will have 30 minutes to complete the exam
• The exam is included in the purchase price, but there is a £21 fee if you need to retake it
#1 - To take the exam you must have access to a laptop or desktop computer, it cannot be taken on a mobile or tablet
#2 - Be sure to select the HSA exam NOT the HS&E Test, which is a separate test you take in person at a Pearson VUE test centr
Make sure you have the right equipment and a reliable internet connection available before purchasing this eCourse.
Please note: If you are aged 16 to 18, your parent or guardian will need to attend the exam check-in process