CITB SSSTS 2018 Two Day Course Delivery Overview
We’re serious about getting you through the SSSTS Course which is why we’ve created unique training methods and materials to transfer the knowledge you need in the limited time available.
Your obligation is to put 100% effort into the learning
This is a joint venture and your obligation is to put 100% effort into the learning. With the new CITB criteria for the SSSTS Course, this is even more important – as one ‘Safety Critical’ question wrong will result in a failure.
SSSTS Course Agenda Day 1:
- Course introduction, aims and objectives, including use of additional RISK Ltd delegate workbook.
- Common causes of accidents, accident reporting and recording and overview of UK Law and of the Health and Safety at Work Act;
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS);
- Delegate syndicate RAMS exercise.
- Overview of Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM).
- Delegate syndicate Work at Height Toolbox Talk exercise.
- Setting of delegate homework questions included in RISK delegate workbook.
SSSTS Course Agenda Day 2:
- Delegate workbook question answers with overview of key points of Day 1;
- General site issues: site set up and security, fire prevention and control, electricity, plant and work equipment, lifting operations and lifting equipment.
- Occupational health issues: hazardous substances, asbestos, lead, dusts and fumes, noise and vibration and manual handling.
- Excavations, underground and overhead services, confined spaces and mobile workforce issues; and
- Environmental awareness, pollution, waste materials and nuisance.
- Course provider set Mock Examination exercise.
- End of course assessment: 30 minute examination with opportunity for delegates who fail to achieve the necessary marks to pass to undertake an on-the-day resit.
Course work & Homework must be completed
To ensure you stand the best possible chance of passing, you need to complete the homework. Which means after you've completed your day of the SSSTS training course you will also be working in the evening. Our estimate of time you need to dedicate on an evening depends upon you, but we’d suggest a minimum of 90 minutes is required. You have an ‘out-of-hours’ number to support you when working on homework, so we feel we’ve done everything we can to provide you with the knowledge to pass. You just need to put the work in.