CITB SSSTS 2018 One Day Refresher Course Delivery Overview
We’re serious about getting you through the SSSTS Refresher Course which is why we’ve created unique training methods and materials to transfer the knowledge you need in the limited time available.
Your obligation is to put 100% effort in to the learning
This is a joint venture and your obligation is to put 100% effort in to the learning. With the new CITB criteria for the SSSTS Refresher Course, this is even more important – as one ‘Safety Critical’ question wrong will result in a failure.
SSSTS Refresher Course Agenda:
- Course introduction, aims and objectives.
- Common causes of accidents, accident reporting and recording and overview of Health and Safety at Work Act;
- Revision of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS);
- Overview of Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM);
- General site issues: site set up and security, fire prevention and control, electricity, plant and work equipment, lifting operations and lifting equipment;
- Occupational health issues: hazardous substances, asbestos, lead, dusts and fumes, noise and vibration and manual handling.
- High risk activities review; working at height, excavations, underground and overhead services, confined spaces and mobile workforce issues; and
- Environmental awareness, pollution, waste materials and nuisance.
- Course provider set Mock Examination exercise.
- End of course assessment: 30 minute examination with opportunity for delegates who fail to achieve the necessary marks to pass to undertake an on-the-day resit.
Course work & Homework must be completed
To ensure you stand the best possible chance of passing, you need to complete the homework. Which means for after your initial day of the SSSTS Refresher course you will also be working in the evening. Our estimate of time you need to dedicate on an evening depends upon you, but we’d suggest a minimum of 90 minutes is required. You have an ‘out-of-hours’ number to support you when working on homework, so we feel we’ve done everything we can to provide you with the knowledge to pass. You just need to put the work in.