Site Management Environmental Training Scheme (SMETS)
The CITB Site Management Environmental Training Scheme (SMETS) is available as an eLearning course
SMETS is aimed at site managers and aspiring site managers who are looking to improve their overall knowledge of environmental management and legislation as it applies to UK construction sites. The SMETS elearning course is ideal for anyone short on time.
More Information on the Health and Safety Awareness Course and e-learning option click here
Site Management Environmental Training Scheme (SMETS) eCourse
This course will prepare you for managing the environmental aspects of a construction site by helping you put into practice your legal, moral and social responsibilities. Site managers and supervisors who are looking to improve their overall knowledge of environmental management and legislation as it applies to UK construction sites. You need to be able to read and understand English to a good standard.
What are the objectives of SMETS?
The Site Management Environmental Training Scheme is designed to meet the basic environmental knowledge that the sub contract chain are required to prove to major contractors and covers the environmental aspects of the HS & E touch screen test. The course will bring the candidates environmental and sustainability knowledge up to date by giving an overview of the subject, relevant legislation and industry best practice.
It will enable them to identify, control and minimise the environmental impacts of their work and where possible identify environmental improvement opportunities.
What does SMETS eCourse cover?
The CITB Site Management Environmental Training Scheme eCourse covers 10 key areas:
- Sustainable construction and the environment
- Environmental management systems
- Energy management
- Archaeology and heritage
- Ecology and biodiversity
- Statutory nuisance
- Water protection and management
- Resource efficiency
- Soil management and contamination control
- Waste management
What qualification does SMETS eCourse provide?
- You will receive certification that you have successfully completed the Site management environmental training scheme
- Certification is valid for five years
About completing the SMETS eCourse
- The interactive online course takes approximately 7.5hours.
- It can be completed in one go or over a period of days or weeks. You have up to 12 months to complete it.
- Return to the course as many times as you like, it will remember and track your progress.
Taking the SMETS exam
- Once you’ve completed the course you need to book an online end of course exam
- It can only be taken on a computer or laptop–mobile phones and tablets are not compatible
- You will need a reliable internet connection, a webcam, speakers and a microphone, plus photo ID
- There are 25 multiple choice questions. 22 questions are worth 1 mark, 2 are worth 3 marks
- The pass mark is 24 out of 30
- You will have 30 minutes to complete the exam
- The exam is included in the purchase price, but there is a £21 fee if you need to retake it
Make sure you have the right equipment and a reliable internet connection available before purchasing this eCourse
Please note:If you are aged 16 to 18, your parent or guardian will need to attend the exam check-in process