The SSSTS course is part of the CITB Site Safety Plus Scheme and is the industry recognised standard qualification. This two-day course is intended for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities.
It provides supervisors with an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. To equip first line managers/supervisor’s, or those seeking to become a manager/supervisor with an introductory level of health and safety. Demonstrating how it is an essential function of effective supervision. The SSSTS course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to enable you to contribute to a safely managed construction or civil engineering site.
SSSTS - Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme
There are two courses specifically for site supervisors:
- Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme Refresher (SSSTS-R)
Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
This course is for you if you’re considering, or already have, supervisory responsibilities.
SSSTS Training Course Overview
The SSSTS Training Course is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all supervisors working on Build UK sites and provides an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues. It highlights legal responsibilities and the need to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
At the end of the SSSTS training course you will have an understanding of:
- health and safety law and how it applies to supervisors
- your supervisory responsibilities in controlling site safely
- risk assessments and the need for method statements
- effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- monitoring site activities effectively
- timely intervention when bad practice is identified
Certification for the SSSTS training course is valid for 5 years. To remain certified in this area, you will need to take a refresher course before the expiry date on your certificate, otherwise the full course will need to be retaken.