IOSH Working with Environmental Responsibilities
21 October 2019
A tailor made 5 day 'in-company course' designed to ensure your people understand the way your business activities impact on the environment, so you can reduce the impact and potentially reduce waste.
Why might your company need IOSH Working with Environmental Responsibilities?
Most large organisations need to procure goods and services competitively, ethically and efficiently. You'll find this within their Sustainability Policy, here organisations outline their ambition to transform the way they operate, do procure and provide a sustainable legacy. So the key reason your company need 'IOSH Working with Environmental Responsibilities' is because it demonstrates as a prospective supplier, you are in alignment with their procurement criteria.
IOSH Working with Environmental Responsibilities is a recognised environmental qualification for site supervisors and operatives
Organisations like the National Grid demand a recognised environmental qualification for site supervisors and operatives. It's a prequalifying condition of registering on the Achilles Utilities Vendor Database (UVDB the database used by National Grid when compiling lists of potential suppliers).
IOSH Working with Environmental Responsibilities Course deliverables
At the end of the course each delegate should be able to:
- Identify hazards to the environment both generally and from an organisational perspective
- Apply management principles and advice on good management practice relating to environmental issues
- Communicate environmental practices effectively to all levels of staff, including senior management
- Introduce environmental reviews taking into account current good practice
- Explain the component parts of an environmental management system such as ISO 14001
- Recognise that adequate and appropriate information, training and supervision relating to environmental issues is required for employees
- Identify the responsibilities of organisations regarding compliance with environmental legislation
There is a short written test and practical assessment to be successfully completed for IOSH certification.