One day health and safety training course
25 May 2020
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors is a one day health and safety training course that is designed for those who have overall operational or strategic accountability for an organisation. It’s a fantastic induction to the effective safety and health management for any organisation.
Benefits of those completing the course
- Understand the health and safety roles and responsibilities of Senior Executives.
- Recognise the importance of integrating health and safety objectives with other business objectives.
- Take account of health and safety aspects during strategic planning, decision making and effective supply chain management.
- Know the consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively.
- Understand the principles of health and safety management, the importance of safety culture and continual improvement and the role of regular reviews of health and safety performance within the organisation.
Ideal for Directors and Senior Managers planning their health and safety risk management
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors is perfect for those who have responsibility for determining and implementing effective safety and health management within their organisation. It helps identify clear strategic objectives for health and safety risk management. The course gives an understanding of the case for good health and safety performance, along with how health and safety can be managed alongside other organisational priorities.
Safety for Executives and Directors training course covers:
- The moral, legal and financial case for health and safety
- Planning for health and safety, including:
- Determining your health and safety policy
- Planning to implement the policy
- Corporate governance
- Implementing for health and safety, including:
- Risk profiling
- Implementing plans
- Monitoring health and safety performance, including:
- Measuring performance
- Proactive monitoring
- Reactive monitoring
- Investigating incidents
- External changes
- Improving health and safety performance, including:
- Reviewing performance
- Taking action on lessons learnt
- The importance of leadership
Our IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors training course is fully approved by IOSH. It is for senior staff with strategic responsibility for health and safety within organisations. It is relevant across a broad range of organisations and sectors.