CITB SMSTS – Virtual Online Course
19 April 2021
The transition from classroom to a virtual online course for CITB’s SMSTS qualification has been a triumph for delegates looking to take it for the first time.
The remote learning and online examination option for the Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course has been a huge success. The five day remote learning course was created to allow delegates looking to take on a Site Management or Project Lead role with the essential knowledge and understanding on site safety. Providing delegates with the reality of their responsibilities and accountability required for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff. It covers cover relevant legislation and implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
SMSTS online course agenda
- Current focus of HSE’s attention
- Risk assessments
- Method statements
- CDM Regulations
- Construction Health, Safety and Welfare (CDM part 2)
- Reporting of Accidents, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences (RIDDOR)
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction to include:
- Work at Height Regulations
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- Control of Vibration at Work Regulations
- Control of Noise at Work Regulations
- Fire on construction sites including Fire Safety Order
- Construction waste and Site Waste Management
- Theory Test – A number of multiple choice and written questions, currently undertaken in Microsoft Forms to maintain the integrity/confidentiality of the exam process. Delegates must score 80% to pass.
Book your CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Course- call 01623 749 718
(Please call 07967 826 094 if your enquiry is urgent)