CITB SMSTS – Refresher Virtual Online Course
26 April 2021
Feedback from delegates who originally studied in a classroom, but experienced an online refresher for their CITB’s SMSTS course has been met with overwhelming support for the transition to video.
Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher course (SMSTS-R) remote online course has been a vital intervention in helping site managers maintain their qualification within 5 years of taking the original SMSTS course. Although several extensions have been granted most site managers wanted to take the refresher and brush-up on their site safety knowledge. The two day remote learning course ensures the SMSTS qualified site managers enhance existing managerial skills necessary to achieve compliance with any new legal duties and responsibilities placed on them and their workforce.
SMSTS Refresher online course agenda
- Current focus of HSE’s attention
- Risk assessments
- Method statements
- CDM Regulations
- Construction Health, Safety and Welfare (CDM part 2)
- Reporting of Accidents, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences (RIDDOR)
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction to include:
- Work at Height Regulations
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- Control of Vibration at Work Regulations
- Control of Noise at Work Regulations
- Fire on construction sites including Fire Safety Order
- Construction waste and Site Waste Management
- Theory Test – A number of multiple choice and written questions, currently undertaken in Microsoft Forms to maintain the integrity/confidentiality of the exam process. Delegates must score 80% to pass.
Book your CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher (SMSTS-R) Course - call 01623 749 718
(Please call 07967 826 094 if your enquiry is urgent)